Free employment help sources

Free employment help sources

Free employment help sources 

There are numerous free employment help sources available. If you are a member of a union, then they should be your initial port of call for both representation and advice. If you are unsure of whom these are then contact your rep at work or call your union’s national office.  If you are not a member of a union, then there are several other places where you can get advice for free and there are few places that offer advice for free.

ACAS help lines

ACAS (The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) is a government-funded agency that promotes good relations in the workplace. You can find out further information regarding ACAS’s services at You may also wish to contact them on 08457474747 where they will be able to give you some free information regarding employment issues for both employers and employees.

Advice agencies

Law Centres such as the Law Clinic, provide a free and professional legal service to people who live or work in their catchment areas. We are reachable on 02036596162 or by email at  The National Association of Citizens’ Advice Bureaux can also give you information about your local CAB at

On the web

There are a few places on the web that offer some helpful advice. Take a look at the National Association of Citizens’ Advice Bureaux at for advice relating to your employment matter.

Benefits for union members

If you are in a union you can also ask them for advice. Unions are experts at solving problems at work. You should be aware of who your union rep at work is, if you are unsure you should contact your HR department.


The Financial Services Authority offers some advice regarding financial products and services. They are reachable on 0845 606 1234, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm. Calls are charged at local rates.

OPAS is an independent, non-profit organisation that gives both support and information on the whole spectrum of pensions. They can support you if you have a problem, complaint or dispute with your occupational or private pension arrangement. OPAS are reachable on 0845 601 2923. Calls are charged at local rates.

If you are a union member and have a problem with your occupational pension you should approach your union. Many unions employ pension’s specialists.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply